The Nikon 55-300mm VR f/4.5 -5.6 G ED DX AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens is improved with VR II and ED glass image stabilizing for shooting objects from some distance while taking a trip, beautiful sunsets, family events, sports photos and a lot more.
The design complements the 18-55 zoom kit bundled with quite a lot of cropped-sensor DSLR cameras manufactured by Nikon.
It gives a 35mm focal range comparable to 82.5 to 450mm with a built-in auto focus Silent Wave Nikon motor, reduced vibration, iris diaphragm, distinct 9 rounded blades to render the locations out of focus gently.
Nikon 55-300mm VR Nikkor Zoom Lens Features
- The 55-300mm VR f/4.5 -5.6 G ED DX AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens has a Telephoto 5.5 x zoom lens able to capture subjects from some distance.
- The angle of the view comparable to 82.5-450mm focal length in a D-SLR FX/35mm format.
- The Nikon VR II special image stabilizing minimizes vibration made particularly to cater for each VR Nikkor lens making it possible for handheld capturing at a maximum of around 4 shutter speeds. This ensures} the video and image capture is sharper.
- The tripod detection mechanism decreases vibration that could happen as a result of shutter release once it has actually been mounted.
- A HRI (High Refractive Index) lens element is a part of this lens essential in seeing to it that the lens is compact while making it possible for high contrast, whether the aperture is maximum or not.
- Two additional ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements will certainly reduce the chromatic aberration successfully even if the aperture settings are at its widest.
- To make it possible for quiet, fast and accurate auto focus, the zoom lens features a unique Silent Wave Nikon Motor. Also, the SIC (Super Integrated Coating) feature enhances the light transmission efficiency, reducing of the flare and a remarkable color consistency.
- To give picture areas out of focus a remarkably natural look, the rounded 9 blade diaphragm function is a part of this special telephoto from Nikon.
- The Picture quality is exceptional.
- It is solidly put together with a metal mount.
- It is sharper optically with superb contrast and color.
- This is smaller and lighter than a 70-300mm and fits much better in a camera bag.
- The lens is well built and definitely on par with other terrific Nikon lenses.
- This lens is wider than a 70-300.
- It has the great ability to bring an image closers to your face while still keeping the color, clarity, quality and sharpness.
- Included is an instruction guide which is to figure out.
- The manual and auto mode is easy to use.
- It is a bit long though it is a characteristic of this type of telephoto.
- The zoom action is a bit sticky to the longer end.
With its exceptional image quality and strong build the Nikon 55-300mm VR Nikkor Zoom Lens is well worth the investment and gets fantastic reviews from its users. Certainly a great lens at a wonderful price.